Sustainable Planning Act 2009
Public Notice of Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution
Cairns Regional Council on 8 June 2011 passed an Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution affecting infrastructure charges levied in the Cairns Regional Council local government area. In summary, Council has resolved to:
1. Continue to apply current transitional infrastructure charge rates to residential development in the former Cairns and Douglas local government areas;
2. Apply the regulated charge rates to non-residential development in the former Cairns and Douglas local government areas;
3. Apply these charges to development approved on and from 1 July 2011;
4. Council's current Transitional Infrastructure Charges Policies state how charges for particular development will be discounted to take account of existing usage of trunk infrastructure by premises or uses undertaken on premises;
5. Until Council's Priority Infrastructure Plans are adopted, Council's current Transitional Infrastructure Charges Policies identify trunk infrastructure networks to which the charges apply, standards of service for infrastructure to be provided and establishment costs for networks.
A complete copy of the resolution passed by Council on 8 June 2011 can be viewed at Council’s Customer Service Centres and at www.cairns.qld.gov.au.
If you would like to find out more about the Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on (07) 4044 3044.