Other funding sources
There are many other, non-Council funding sources available to community members and non-profit organisations.
The external sites listed below are for information purposes only and are not in any way an endorsement of any internet site, service or organisation mentioned. Cairns Regional Council officers and staff do not accept responsibility for the content, including any errors, omissions or inaccuracies, in any of the sites listed below.
- The Queensland Events website is a useful resource for people organising festivals and events in Regional Queensland. It contains a guide on how to organise a festival or event and has details of their bi-annual funding streams.
- The Reef Hotel Casino Community Benefit Fund distributes grants for capital items to non-profit community organisations in Far North Queensland that provides facilities and/or services to the community.
- The Gambling Community Benefit Fund distributes grants for capital items to non profit community organisations in Far North Queensland that provide facilities and/or services to the community at large.
- The Queensland Government through Sport & Recreation Services provides in excess of provides in excess of $40 million through funding programs towards new improved opportunities for people to participate in sport and active recreation, to improve the skills of the sport and recreation industry providers and participants, and to provide places for Queenslanders to 'Get Active'.
- National Council of Women of Queensland provides an annual bursary program for female students who live in rural and regional Queensland. Most bursaries are for tertiary students but several are for secondary students.
- The Our Community Funding Centre is a grants and fundraising hub. The website provides information on a wide range of grants (from applying to acquittal), fundraising, training and other resources to help non-profit organisations and schools.
- The Australian Government's Local Sporting Champions grant provides financial assistance for young people aged 12-18 (particularly those from regional areas) towards the cost of travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment when competing, coaching or officiating at official NSO-endorsed sporting competitions.
- The Cazaly's Community Fund offers grants of up to $5000 for not-for-profit organisations and up to $1000 for individuals. Applications open 1 May each year.
- Brothers Leagues Club Cairns provides cash and in-kind donations to schools, sports teams and local community groups through the Brothers Community Sports Development Program.