Warnings and other emergency information will be made available to the Cairns region local radio and television stations for broadcast.
- Police/Fire/Ambulance - Dept of Community Safety Ph: 000 for life threatening emergencies
- Local Disaster Coordination Centre Ph: (07) 4044 3377
- State Emergency Service (SES) Ph: 132 500
- Ergon Energy Ph: 132 296
- Bureau of Meteorology Ph: (07) 4035 9777
- Dept of Community Services Ph: 1800 440 074
- Lifeline Ph: 131 114
- Transport & Main Roads Queensland Ph: 13 19 40
- Red Cross Ph: 1300 554 419
- RSPCA Ph: 1300 264 625
Tune into your local radio station for the latest emergency information
- ABC Cairns, 106.7 FM, 95.5 FM, 801 AM
- ABC Cairns (Mossman & Port Douglas), 639 AM, 90.1 FM
- Community Radio, 89.1FM
- Bumma Bippera Media 98.7FM
- Zinc FM, 102.7FM
- 4CA AM, 846 AM
- Hot FM, 103.5 FM
- Sea FM, 99.5 FM
- 4AM Port Douglas, 1422 AM
- Port Douglas FM, 90.9 FM
- Country Mossman, 87.6 AM
Contact the Disaster Management Unit within the Cairns Regional Council on (07) 4044 3044 for general enquiries about natural disasters and disaster procedures.
Emergency Alert message warnings
Australia’s national telephone based warning system - Emergency Alert - sends messages to mobile phones and landlines within an affected geographical area - to let people know about a disaster or local emergency.
Warnings are sent using customer street address information as supplied to your telephone service provider.
To ensure you receive messages, it is vital that your service provider has your correct physical address. If you have moved recently, contact your service provider to register your details.
For more information about Emergency Alert telephone based emergency warnings, visit the national Emergency Alert website.