Sport & recreation
Sport and Recreation is about the management, development and activation of sport, leisure and recreation places and spaces, and supporting the individuals and groups who use them.
I want to ...
Book a place/space
Find out what is happening in sport and recreation in the Cairns region
Update club details with Council
Find out what Sport and Rec do
Places and Spaces
- Public Pools
- Barlow Park
- BMX parks
- Caravan parks and campgrounds
- Skate parks
- Sporting fields
- Cairns International Tennis Centre
- Cairns International Tennis Centre is now open Monday to Friday from 7am to 9pm and Saturday and Sunday from 7am to 6pm. For bookings and more information phone 1300 30 15 30.
Club support and development
- Council Grants
- Applications for improvement works on a Council controlled site
- This application is the formal process required to request the consent of Council as landlord to a proposal, and should be lodged at least 20 working days prior to the works commencing. For further information phone Council’s Property Services Business Unit on 4044 3044.
- Other funding sources
- Club development resources
- Planning a major event
- Ensure the safety of your guests at your next sporting event by organising the appropriate road closure. This form outlines your responsibilities and also provides a handy checklist of things you need to consider if you need a road closure,